Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων : 1 έως 10 από 10

Θέμα: BMW E21 318 αλλαγή μηχανής - engine swap

Rides

Question BMW E21 318 αλλαγή μηχανής - engine swap

Καλησπέρα κύριοι.Είμαι καινούργιο μέλος. Έχω στην κατοχή μου μια bmw e21 318 με αυτόματο σασμάν και τετρακυλινδρη m10 μηχανη. Σκέφτομαι να αλλάξω μηχανή (συγκεκριμένα σκεφτομαι για την εξακυλινδρη m20) αλλά δεν ξέρω αν θα ταιριαξει με το αυτόματο σασμάν. Τι επιλογές έχω σε περίπτωση που δεν κουμπώνουν μηχανές μεταγενέστερων μοντέλων;

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη BILL007 : 20-10-19 στις 20:20

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

Σύμφωνα με αυτό εδώ το post https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...0#post10047940 δεν ταιριάζουν

You need also the wiring harness of the e30, and the e30 tranny and clutch. The m10 tranny does not line up with the M20 engine.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...nversion-guide

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα απο Giorgoskri Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Τι επιλογές έχω σε περίπτωση που δεν κουμπώνουν μηχανές μεταγενέστερων μοντέλων;
    Για M20 conversion - engine swap διάβασε και εδώ https://e21323iblog.com/2016/01/10/m...ersion-basics/

M20 Conversion Basics

Could there be an easier engine swap than an E30 325i M20 into a E21 323i? Actually, yes: an S52 into an E36 is pretty plug and play. But this almost as easy. There are a few really good guides online, including the ones covering 320i swaps. They didn’t always apply to my project so here’s what I learned along the way.
    First, here are the best resources I found:
    Todor’s: http://www.todor.info/repair/e21swap/
    bf.com thread: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ronic-E30-325i
    The swap is easy enough that you don’t need a lot of how-to. This is what you will need:
    Complete M20 engine with wiring and ECU (get it as complete as you can)
    E30 air flow meter
    E30 cone filter intake (the E30 air box might fit but I didn’t try)
    E30 throttle cable
    New rubber fuel lines from the frame rail to the E30 fuel rail.
    E21 fuse box plug and pins
    E21 fuse box plug E30 C101 connector. The top should be on the engine wiring but get the body-side for a factory look.
    If you have a 1988+ M20 you will need the 1987 cooling system parts (water pump and hoses). Some of the hoses can come from the E21 system.
    An extra E30 front exhaust manifold. The E30 exhaust layout has the manifold outlets next to each other. The E21 has them spread apart. This might vary from car to car, however. I could have used the E21 manifolds but they looked too rusted on the studs. On my car I could not use the E30 rear manifold and had to source a front one. Everything bolted up from that point.
    E30 oxygen sensor and bung. And realize that the bung cannot be welded to a rusty exhaust pipe.
    You will probably want to relocate the battery to the trunk. That required a battery tray, battery cable, junction box for the engine bay, and wiring from the junction to the starter and alternator. And you will need to cut several holes in the interior sheet metal.
    You also need to cut a hole in the firewall for the engine ECU so it can mount under the dash, a la E30.
    The E21 flywheel and clutch will bolt on to the E30 M20. Some of the parts are actually the same anyway.
    Make sure the engine is complete and running. If you buy a non-running engine upfront you will be chasing those issues later instead of driving it. I chased a no-start issue for weeks because the engine I bought needed basic maintenance. Here is what tripped me up once the engine was in the car:

• fuel pump relay
    • short in the fuel rail
    • alternator voltage regulator
    • alternator ground
    • TPS adjustment
    • throttle stop screw

They’re not expensive so make sure this stuff is taken care of.
    You will need the motor mount arms from the E21 (which you won’t get until the engine is out of the car).
    As for the actual swap itself, I did it in my driveway with a Harbor Freight engine hoist. You have to pull the hood off and the latch mechanism and rods need two people to safely remove.
    I pulled the engine with the transmission attached but it was SCARY. I won’t be doing that again. It came out pretty well but the two pieces together made it a struggle to reinstall.

Here is the wiring that needs to be done:
    oil pressure light in instrument cluster
    fuel pump power
    alternator charge light in cluster
    ignition coil power
    ECU power
    power to starter
    coolant housing temp to cluster
    RPM signal to tachometer. This was the only connection that did not work. I ended up running a dedicated wire from the coil to the C101 plug (bypassing the E30 ECU).
    Here is my wiring inventory:

I was very pleased with the results and how straight-forward this was. It was a great learning experience and I’m enjoying the fruits of my labor.
    in it’s new home
    Here are the links to my engine build and pics from the swap: http://douging.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-M20-Engine-Restoration

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BILL007 For This Useful Post:

A8hnaios (26-10-19), skaros (21-10-19)

Rides

Προεπιλογή

Ευχαριστώ πολυ!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Giorgoskri For This Useful Post:

BILL007 (21-10-19)

Περιοχή
    drift land
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

δεν βγαζουν το m10...αν εχει συμπιεση..πετας t4 (ναι αυτο το φορτηγισιο τουρμπο απο τα 80ς) απανω..σηκωνεις 2 barakia safe (εδω 4 αντεχαν αγωνες) και πας βολτα..

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik200 For This Useful Post:

A8hnaios (26-10-19), BILL007 (21-10-19), costask2 (26-11-19), PetrosD (21-10-19)

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα απο nik200 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    δεν βγαζουν το m10...αν εχει συμπιεση..πετας t4 (ναι αυτο το φορτηγισιο τουρμπο απο τα 80ς) απανω..σηκωνεις 2 barakia safe (εδω 4 αντεχαν αγωνες) και πας βολτα..

Περιοχή
    Θεσσαλονίκη
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

Για πόσο συμπίεση μιλάς; Με όλα τα υπόλοιπα μαμά; Λίγο παλαβό μου ακούγεται 2 και 4 μπαρ

11. The Following User Says Thank You to george.x82 For This Useful Post:

nik200 (28-10-19)

Περιοχή
    drift land
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα απο george.x82 Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Για πόσο συμπίεση μιλάς; Με όλα τα υπόλοιπα μαμά; Λίγο παλαβό μου ακούγεται 2 και 4 μπαρ
    περα απο την πλακα..με συγχρονους εγκεφαλους το χιτλερικο μαντεμι m10..ακομα και στα 2μπαρα..δεν πιστευω να νιωσει...μπες you tube..σιγουρα πρεπει να υπαρχουν διαφοροι αρχαιολαγνοι που το τουρμπιζουν αυτο το πραγμα...με απροσμενα καλα αποτελεσματα...κοιτα ενα που βρηκα προχειρα..εχει παρα πολλα..

συμπιεση ειναι ηδη στα ταρταρα....μια φλαντζα καλη...και πως να παθει κατι??
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη nik200 : 22-10-19 στις 10:41

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik200 For This Useful Post:

A8hnaios (26-10-19), BILL007 (22-10-19), nikos valvetronic (23-10-19)

Περιοχή
    Θεσσαλονίκη
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

περα απο την πλακα..με συγχρονους εγκεφαλους το χιτλερικο μαντεμι m10..ακομα και στα 2μπαρα..δεν πιστευω να νιωσει...μπες you tube..σιγουρα πρεπει να υπαρχουν διαφοροι αρχαιολαγνοι που το τουρμπιζουν αυτο το πραγμα...με απροσμενα καλα αποτελεσματα...κοιτα ενα που βρηκα προχειρα..εχει παρα πολλα..

συμπιεση ειναι ηδη στα ταρταρα....μια φλαντζα καλη...και πως να παθει κατι??
    Αυτό που ξέρω είναι ότι το Μ10 δεν σπάει δε χαλάει είναι σκυλί..... Για τα περί τούρμπο έτσι στεγνά δεν το ήξερα...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to george.x82 For This Useful Post:

BILL007 (28-10-19)

Περιοχή
    drift land
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

κανε μια ερευνα γενικα σε ξενα φορουμ και youtube και θα δεις οτι εχει ασχοληθει παρα πολυς κοσμος με αυτο το μοτερ..λογω τεραστιων ανοχων...κατι που δεν ισχυει τοσο ευκολα στα m20-m30....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nik200 For This Useful Post:

BILL007 (28-10-19)

Ετικέτες Θέματος

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να δημοσιεύετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να απαντάτε σε θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να δημοσιεύετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργάζεστε τις δημοσιεύσεις σας
  •