PDA

Επιστροφή στο Forum : The Truth about Teflon

Monsta
12-11-10, 12:50
To βρήκα αυτό σε κάτι παλιούς φακέλλους που έκανα ξεσκαρτάρισμα και είπα να το αντιγράψω, επειδή πολύς κόσμος με ρωτάει, άλλοι έχουν μείνει με την απορία και άλλοι υποστηρίζουν τη συγκεκριμένη τεχνολογία.

By Stephen Grisanti

" Stick to the facts about paint sealers

As a detailing purist and the president of a national detailing corporation, I have become very concerned about the heavy emphasis on the viability of paint sealants with Teflon. I have seen many facilities, 'mom 'n pop' as well as national franchises, offer many different types of paint sealants with very high price tags. I ve spoken to many detailers who have absolutely no knowledge of the effectiveness of these products except for what they ve read on a bottle.

The main claims being made for Teflon products include:

- 'Teflon seals your car's painted surface 100% against oxidation'.

- 'No product in existence can protect your car's surface better than Teflon'.

- 'The longer your vehicle is exposed to the heat of the sun, the better Teflon protects it'.

- 'Your car's gloss can actually increase in the hot sun. No other product now in existence can make these claims. No other product can compare'.

- 'The gloss, shine and protection are permanent'.

- 'The most revolutionary, most corrosive resistant substance ever developed for the painted surface of your car'.

A Detailer's Duty

It is the duty of the detailer to develop adequate substantiation for such assertions before they are made. If I honestly felt that Teflon could enhance the value of my clients vehicles, I would offer it today and make it part of my national program. However, this is not the case.

My conclusion is based on information I have gathered in the past year from representatives, lab technicians and chemists from many car care products companies, including Dupont, the maker of Teflon. According to G.R. Ansul of Dupont's Car Care Product Division, 'The addition of a Teflon fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon fluoropolymer resins is beneficial in car waxes, and we have not seen data from other people that supports this position.

Ansul also notes that, 'Unless Teflon is applied at 700 degrees F, it is not a viable ingredient, and it is 100% useless in protecting the paint's finish'.

Are we truly dedicated to car care, or are we looking for new ways to expand our bottom line through an application that has no value or need? The time is now for the detailing industry to take hold, but it must be done with an honest approach."

Από τη δική μου πλευρά θα συμφωνήσω απόλυτα με τον παραπάνω κύριο.

z3 2.2
12-11-10, 15:15
Ωραια τα λεει και τον πιστευω.
Γιατι λοιπον οι αυτοκινητοβιομηχανιες δεν περνανε ενα πασσακι τα αυτοκινητα τους πριν τα παραδωσουν????

Monsta
12-11-10, 15:17
Δεν κατάλαβα την ερώτησή σου Δημήτρη ?

z3 2.2
12-11-10, 15:20
γιατι δεν βαζουν απο το εργαστασιο τεφλον?

nikos1400
12-11-10, 15:34
Το μαρκετινκ και η business ειναι στη μεση.
Ειναι δηλ. οπως τα "μαγνητακια" στα σωληνακι βενζινης...
thumb

εκτος κι αν το εφαρμοσεις στο αμαξωμα στο φουρνο και τους 700 βαθμους φαρεναϊτ...

Monsta
12-11-10, 18:13
The main claims being made for Teflon products include:

- 'Teflon seals your car's painted surface 100% against oxidation'.

- 'No product in existence can protect your car's surface better than Teflon'.

- 'The longer your vehicle is exposed to the heat of the sun, the better Teflon protects it'.

- 'Your car's gloss can actually increase in the hot sun. No other product now in existence can make these claims. No other product can compare'.

- 'The gloss, shine and protection are permanent'.

- 'The most revolutionary, most corrosive resistant substance ever developed for the painted surface of your car'.

A Detailer's Duty

It is the duty of the detailer to develop adequate substantiation for such assertions before they are made. If I honestly felt that Teflon could enhance the value of my clients vehicles, I would offer it today and make it part of my national program. However, this is not the case.

My conclusion is based on information I have gathered in the past year from representatives, lab technicians and chemists from many car care products companies, including Dupont, the maker of Teflon. According to G.R. Ansul of Dupont's Car Care Product Division, 'The addition of a Teflon fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon fluoropolymer resins is beneficial in car waxes, and we have not seen data from other people that supports this position.

Ansul also notes that, 'Unless Teflon is applied at 700 degrees F, it is not a viable ingredient, and it is 100% useless in protecting the paint's finish'.

Are we truly dedicated to car care, or are we looking for new ways to expand our bottom line through an application that has no value or need? The time is now for the detailing industry to take hold, but it must be done with an honest approach."
[/I]

Από τη δική μου πλευρά θα συμφωνήσω απόλυτα με τον παραπάνω κύριο.

Μάλλον κατάλαβες το αντίθετο Δημήτρη μου. Το Teflon δεν προσφέρει απολύτως τίποτα όσο αφορά τη προστασία του χρώματος. Η μόνη περίπτωση να είχαμε 'πρόσφυση' του Teflon πάνω σε λαμαρίνα θα ήταν να κάναμε την εφαρμογή στους 700 βαθμούς F. Όπως κάνουν στα τηγάνια Tefal.

γιατι δεν βαζουν απο το εργαστασιο τεφλον?

Οι λόγοι που δεν βάζουν τπτ από το εργοστάσιο είναι δύο:

α) κόστος
β) το φρεσκοβαμμένο χρώμα πρέπει να αναπνεύσει 3-4 εβδομάδες πριν σφραγιστεί με κάποια αλοιφή.

Δε ξέρω αν ισχύει ακόμα, αλλά Rolls & Bentley πριν φύγουν από το εργοστάσιο τις περνούσαν ένα χέρι AG.