Monsta
21-05-13, 17:03
orders this

https://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/IND-ATL-Blue-M3-655x436.jpg

receives this

https://www.bmwfans.gr/forum/images/imported/2013/05/file1-1.jpg

:facepalm:

My Euro Delivery Disaster
So I am new to the M3 forum here. I've happily driven an E46 M3 for the last 8 years. After spending about 4 years working on color and interior options (causing me to miss the E90 order deadline), I had a production number for my dream E9x M3. A 2013 E92 in Atlantis Blue with Blue deviated stitching and the Indvidual Piano trim. What could be better than to drive my dream car in Germany, "Individually" customized, and around the Nürburgring?

My flight arrived early into MUC on Friday the 10th. I am checked in at the Welt shortly after 8am for an 11am delivery.

Killing some time around 10:15am, I go down to the gift shop. I notice a selection of touchup paints and initially think to myself, "Oh they wont have my color". I walk up and see my color! BUT WAIT! Pulling it off the shelf I notice it's Atlantic, not Atlantis blue. Putting it back on the shelf I am SHOCKED to see that there is an Atlantis blue touchup bottle behind it! JACKPOT! What are the odds that a non-standard color in the ENTIRE BMW CATALOG would be available here in there small selection of touchup paints?

At 10:40 I find myself back in the lounge, watching all the happy people accept their new vehicles. At this point, I notice a US-spec M3 (judging by the reflectors in the bumper) and think "Wow, someone has an Atlantic blue M3 on the same day as my Atlantis Blue". Oh no no no no no..... it hits me. THAT IS MY CAR!

I RUN to my laptop and check all my paperwork/emails. YES, they all say Atlantis Blue. Before I had narrowed it down to the final color choice, it even mentioned the paint code in earlier emails.

At this point, I start to notify the front desk of my situation. They kindly refer me to the gentleman who will be doing my delivery experience. He could not have been nicer, but I made it clear; we have the wrong color car! He fetches the complaints resolution lady who initially tries to convince me that BMW does not make paints in colors that differ by only one letter. I responded by telling her we can go together to the gift shop and buy both Atlantic and Atlantis touchup paint at this very moment.

After waiting for BMW Individual North America to come into the office, as well as my dealer, we discover that the error was likely at the factory in Germany. There is talk of possibly repainting the car (which I expressed as an impossibility). I want a new M3, as originally specified.
After 9 hours at the Welt, I am given an X1 to drive. The gentleman who showed me to the vehicle could not have been nicer. While I was happy to have a car to avoid a rental car, an X1 is hardly the car I had in mind. Due to the logistics of my trip, the only opportunity I have to go to the 'ring was on Monday the 13th. Instead of driving an M3 with a standard transmission, I have a crossover SUV and a slushbox. I made my one lap in the X1 and was thankful to be off the track as quickly as possible. It's an okay touring car, but woefully in adequate for any kind of track use. I wanna cry!

Later on Monday, I receive confirmation that the error was in fact in Germany and that they will be building a new car for me. Not only that, but they would like me to return to the Welt to pickup the Atlantic blue M3 as a loaner for the remainder of my trip. While I am ecstatic they have a new allocation for me, I am informed that they will be unable to include the deviated leather stitching that I requested. The problem lies in the fact that the M3 is only in production for another 6 weeks and the lead time on the interior is 8 weeks. Some options like swapping the interior from the existing car were offered, but much like repainting the car, it will never be 100% authentic and I can only imagine it will lead to a world of squeaks and rattles. It's not a stretch to say that the Individual program is the very reason I am buying an M3 and to have the interior missing is unacceptable.

On driving the E92 M3 loaner; it was too little, too late. I LOVE the car, but 80% of the driving I had planned was already complete by the time we received the M3 and more importantly, I had already missed my chance at driving it at the 'ring.

At this point it would appear that BMW is so rigid in their production processes that they are unable to correct their own error. If the interior takes an additional 2 weeks lead time, call they supplier and have it rushed! If that is not possible, have the car stored until the interior is ready. It simply doesn't take 8 weeks to make that interior. There is always a way to make this all work out.

While I enjoyed my time in Germany, it ended up being thousands of dollars spent on the wrong vacation. Nobody has offered to reimburse me for my airfare or offer me any financial compensation for the inconvenience. Unless you consider two free tickets to the BMW museum financial compensation.

In any event, this is not resolved at the time of this posting and I am posting my story as a cautionary tale and as a public plea to BMW to make this right. They are trying to make things right, but I am having some serious doubts. Here we are, more than 9 days later and I am left with a hope and a prayer that they can build my car as desired.

It almost goes without saying that the outcome of my situation will greatly influence my desire to own any future BMW vehicles.

As an aside, on the day I returned for my M3 loaner, I ran into a US couple of German ancestry that was there to pickup their new 7-series. They do this every 3 years. In their situation, BMW revealed that their car had been damaged about a week ago and that they would be unable to pickup the car that day. It BOGGLES THE MIND that they would not provide notification before they left the states for Germany. Not only that, but they offered to have the car repaired for them, instead of another new car. It is shameful how they decided to handle that situation and those owners were rightfully livid.

:facepalm:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842479

Vasilis M3
21-05-13, 17:16
Εγώ πάντως όπως και να μου το έδειναν θα το έπερνα:whistle:

EVERGET
21-05-13, 17:24
Μα κι αυτός, τόσα χρώματα....το Atlantis blue τον ενθουσίασε (μετά και από 4!!! χρόνια σκέψης)???

Στους περίεργους ανθρώπους συμβαίνουν όλα τα περίεργα!!!:th_Laie_67-1::shok:

hades7
21-05-13, 17:25
παντως το γαλαζιο χωρις τους πορτοκαλι ανακλαστηρες και με φιμε κρυσταλα για αντιθεση ειναι μναρα καλυτερο απο αυτο που χε παραγγειλει

spar@
21-05-13, 17:27
παντως το γαλαζιο χωρις τους πορτοκαλι ανακλαστηρες και με φιμε κρυσταλα για αντιθεση ειναι μναρα καλυτερο απο αυτο που χε παραγγειλει

ναι ρε συ τυπε αλλα τετοιο λαθος στην παραγγελια δεν κανουν ουτε τα παιδια στο Μενιδι...:th_Laie_67-1:

PANOS-E60
21-05-13, 17:27
αυτο που παρέλαβε ειναι μακραν ωραιότερο. :original:

ΔημήτρηςΜ3
21-05-13, 17:53
Κλαίω για αυτο το χρώμα !!!!!
Κάποια στιγμή στο μέλλον !!
Η το μπλε η το φροζεν silver !!!

hades7
21-05-13, 17:54
και γω το ειχα ερωτευθει οταν κοιταγα s2000

aristent
21-05-13, 17:54
καλα,ο Θανος ο Σκανια παραγγειλε μαυρο 320 Ε90 και του δωσανε (ευτυχως μαυρο και αυτο) 316 Ε90!!!

spar@
21-05-13, 18:02
και γω το ειχα ερωτευθει οταν κοιταγα s2000

τυπε τωρα θα μας πεις οτι ειχες κολλησει με αυτο το χρωμα απο το 106 gti που ειχες κρεμασμενο σε αφισα στο δωματιο σου....

https://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7405/mybaby23uk.jpg

αυτο ειναι το MOYNstone

PANOS-E60
21-05-13, 18:03
καλα,ο Θανος ο Σκανια παραγγειλε μαυρο 320 Ε90 και του δωσανε (ευτυχως μαυρο και αυτο) 316 Ε90!!!

Προφήτευσε η BMW τι θα συνέβαινε στην Ελλάδα ... :thumbsup:

hades7
21-05-13, 18:06
estoril blue λεγεται νομιζω στο s2000

spar@
21-05-13, 18:14
estoril blue λεγεται νομιζω στο s2000

τυπε καμια σχεση...
Suzuka/Nurbergring Blue Metallic: B-513M
το γαλαζιο...

Monsta
21-05-13, 19:52
Εντελώς ξενέρωτο το Atlantic.

EVERGET
21-05-13, 20:04
Atlantis και Atlantic δεν μου αρέσουν για Μ3....για κανένα i20, picanto, micra κλπ μια χαρά είναι. Πάντως εάν ήμουν στη θέση του θα το παραλάμβανα το ξενέρωτο το θαλασσί (που μακάρι να είχε την ομορφιά του Silverstone II αλλά απέχει μακράν!)....δεν υπήρχε περίπτωση να κάνω τέτοιο ταξίδι, να επισκευτώ το Ring με Χ1, και να φύγω χωρίς Μ3. Αυτό θέλει υπομονή και αυτοσυγκράτηση θιβετιανού μοναχού!

Bazil Van Sinner
21-05-13, 20:56
Suzuka/Nurbergring Blue Metallic: B-513M
το γαλαζιο...
https://www.bmwfans.gr/forum/images/imported/2013/05/DSC_0529-1.jpg

πριν παρω το πενβε ειχα τσεκαρει ενα απ την φλωρινα με αλαγμενο μοτερ,AP2
σε αριστη κατασταση!!!Δεν ηθελε να μου το δωσει 13Κ πηγε το δωσε σε μαντρα 8 για να παρει γαλικο μικρο :ranting2:

https://www.bmwfans.gr/forum/images/imported/2013/05/yogi559-1.jpg

:tt1::tt1:

Ε91
21-05-13, 21:19
Ο τύπος έχει απόλυτο δίκιο σε ΟΛΑ όσα αναφέρει.
Η συμπεριφορά της BMW δε συνάδει με το κύρος της.
Το customization,personalization,configuration (ή όπως αλλίως θέλετε,πείτε το) ενός αυτοκινήτου είναι μία ιδιαίτερη (ίσως και συναισθηματική για έναν petrolhead) διαδικασία,που πληρώνεται και ιδιαίτερα και καθιστά έναν κατασκευαστή premium.
Ο άνθρωπος έτσι ονειρευόταν το Μ3 του,έτσι το παρήγγειλε και έτσι ανέμενε να το παραλάβει.
Εάν δεν έχεις την ευελιξία να επανορθωσεις το λάθος σου,πολλών δε μάλλον όταν έχεις ειδικό Τμήμα Individual,τότε (δικαίως) πέφτεις στα ματιά των πελατών σου.
Σίγουρα η παραγωγική διαδικασία έχει πολλά στάδια,που απαιτούν οργάνωση και συντονισμό,αλλά είναι απαράδεκτο να αδυνατείς μέσα σε 6 εβδομάδες να φτιάξεις εσύ ή να πιέσεις τον προμηθευτή σου να φτιάξει ένα customized σαλόνι.
Δυστυχώς,από ό,τι διαβάζω,αντίστοιχα φαινόμενα παρατηρούνται και στο brand της ΜΙΝΙ. Άλλο δείχνει ο on line configurator,άλλο παραλαμβάνει ο πελάτης.
Ας σοβαρευτούν λοιπόν στη BMW,αλλίως ας βγάλουν 2-3 πακέτα στάνταρ εξοπλισμού,να τελειώνουμε.
Just my thoughts. Ελπίζω να μη σας κούρασα.

steliosm46
21-05-13, 22:15
Ο τύπος έχει απόλυτο δίκιο σε ΟΛΑ όσα αναφέρει.
Η συμπεριφορά της BMW δε συνάδει με το κύρος της.
Το customization,personalization,configuration (ή όπως αλλίως θέλετε,πείτε το) ενός αυτοκινήτου είναι μία ιδιαίτερη (ίσως και συναισθηματική για έναν petrolhead) διαδικασία,που πληρώνεται και ιδιαίτερα και καθιστά έναν κατασκευαστή premium.
Ο άνθρωπος έτσι ονειρευόταν το Μ3 του,έτσι το παρήγγειλε και έτσι ανέμενε να το παραλάβει.
Εάν δεν έχεις την ευελιξία να επανορθωσεις το λάθος σου,πολλών δε μάλλον όταν έχεις ειδικό Τμήμα Individual,τότε (δικαίως) πέφτεις στα ματιά των πελατών σου.
Σίγουρα η παραγωγική διαδικασία έχει πολλά στάδια,που απαιτούν οργάνωση και συντονισμό,αλλά είναι απαράδεκτο να αδυνατείς μέσα σε 6 εβδομάδες να φτιάξεις εσύ ή να πιέσεις τον προμηθευτή σου να φτιάξει ένα customized σαλόνι.
Δυστυχώς,από ό,τι διαβάζω,αντίστοιχα φαινόμενα παρατηρούνται και στο brand της ΜΙΝΙ. Άλλο δείχνει ο on line configurator,άλλο παραλαμβάνει ο πελάτης.
Ας σοβαρευτούν λοιπόν στη BMW,αλλίως ας βγάλουν 2-3 πακέτα στάνταρ εξοπλισμού,να τελειώνουμε.
Just my thoughts. Ελπίζω να μη σας κούρασα.

Εγω παντως συμφωνω μαζι σου! Απλά πραγματα! Θελει λιγο σοβαροτητα! Ο αλλος πληρώνει μια περιουσία λεφτά!

Απ την αλλη μπορω να πω αυτο που λενε "συμβαινει και στις καλυτερες οικογένειες"

gnx
22-05-13, 08:28
Καλά να πάθει ο μ@λάκας

asot
22-05-13, 08:55
Περά από την ιδοτροπία του τύπου πάντως, έχει κάποια δίκια (ειδικά επειδή πλήρωσε το ΙΧ $80k προκαταβολικά!)

Honestly, once you see how a car is assembled, you don't want it done by a bodyshop in Germany. And I'm not paying to have (even an factory associated) bodyshop tear up my new car. The interior would not be swapped on the assembly line as a normal M3 is done. And I know removing/reinstalling an interior is not rocket science for a bodyshop, but I've worked with the interior on my car enough times to know that they don't go back the same twice.

And the deal breaker for the interior swap is the originality. You would pull up the VIN (on the replacement car) and there would be no mention of the Individual stitching. Imagine that you get a tear in your leather down the road and want a new seat skin? Good luck convincing them you had a "factory delivered" option that doesn't pull up with the VIN on the dealer computer.

If I wanted a car that was painted and assembled by a bodyshop, I wouldn't have bothered with the car at all. The beauty of Individual is that it's all OEM (the OE standing for Original Equipment).

It's a little anal, but having gone with a ton of OE part mods on my current Audi and BMW, I have a passion for not only factory parts, but also factory processes.

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but I want them to build the car as specified, as any other Individual M3 is built. I don't want to find scratches in the paint and wear on the leather (other interior parts) because the car has been assembled/disassembled/reassembled.

Αλήθεια, ένα Μ3 individual, μονο 62,000 ευρώ στοιχίζει στις ΗΠΑ???

asot
22-05-13, 09:09
και ο τύπος αιτιολογεί περαιτέρω τις επιλογές του (ειδικά στο θέμα individual)

Everyone values Individual options differently. For some people, they would rather have a discount than those options. And those people can buy from BMW's normal menu of colors and options. Liking the car is a baseline assumption here. But the excitement for me was to get the dream car, in a rare color, drive it in Germany, and on the Nurburgring. For people that don't care if their car is the wrong color, then they really need not read this entire thread. The issue at hand is really only relevant if you are someone that gets excited by the Individual program.

As to why it took 4 years: Individual color paint has to be approved before the order is placed. Individual interiors can also take an extended period of time to sort out. At the start of this process, I was interested in an E90 in Audi's Nogaro Blue. I have 2 Audi's in that color now, one painted via Audi's Exclusive program. The original dealer I started with (who shall remain nameless) caused me to miss the order deadline for the E90. I was waiting for approval on Nogaro Blue, but made it clear that I did not want to miss the order deadline for an Individual E90. One day I call the salesman and he informs me that he forgot to tell me, but that not only was Nogaro Blue denied, but that the order window has closed for Individual paint on an E90. Call me crazy, but I didn't want a stock color E90 and so I went and bought an A4 Avant in Nogaro blue for daily driving duties. As I was contemputf8g an E92, I stumbled across Steve Thomas BMW and contacted them about an E92 with some Individual options. There was no pressure, but we got the ball rolling on what was initially to be an M3 in Nogaro Blue, with matching blue alcantara, and blue stitching on the seats. Of the exterior color list I had requested, Nogaro blue was surprisingly APPROVED, in addition to several other colors (including Atlantis with the correct paint code). The blue alcantara interior was not approved, but they were willing to do blue leather in any way I wanted. For a VERY VERY LARGE sum of money. I decided that I wanted the two-tone blue/black leather interior, but that I had to get a leather sample before I could approve the option. It turns out BMW DE was waiting for us to order the car that way (with the $$$$$ interior), before they would provide a leather sample. And not the other way around. To be frank, I'm not paying for an option that is 50% of the base price of the car without seeing a leather sample. So I bailed on the custom color leather and decided to stick with deviated stitching. That was also frustrating because they could not provide a sample of the thread being used and I had concerns about it matching the exterior and custom color leather.

Since beginning the order process, I went from one to two nogaro blue cars and the prospect of owning 3 was starting to sound less exciting, especially since the matching interior leather was not going to happen. So of the final 3 colors I had approval to order (Nogaro, Mora, and Atlantis), I settled on Atlantis. We got the order placed and voila: 4-years passed.

Η πλάκα είναι οτι το νήμα "κλειδώθηκε", αφού ξεσκίστηκαν μερικοι να γράφουν π@π@ριες...
Θέλω να μάθω το φινάλε...!

Monsta
22-05-13, 10:46
Περά από την ιδοτροπία του τύπου πάντως, έχει κάποια δίκια (ειδικά επειδή πλήρωσε το ΙΧ $80k προκαταβολικά!)

Αλήθεια, ένα Μ3 individual, μονο 62,000 ευρώ στοιχίζει στις ΗΠΑ???

Ω ναι.

Konstantinos E60
22-05-13, 11:04

Εγω γιατι θυμαμαι οτι παρηγγειλε ασπρο 320 και παρέλαβε μαυρο 316 ??

Απλά τραγικοί !!

120ie87
22-05-13, 12:48
^ θα είπαν τι μαύρο - τι άσπρο.... σιγά μην καταλάβει τη διαφορά...