Εμφάνιση αποτελεσμάτων : 1 έως 6 από 6

Θέμα: BMW special cooling system & drive belt counterhold tool

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Rides

Lightbulb BMW special cooling system & drive belt counterhold tool

Ένα ωραίο σχηματικό για την κατασκευη του "ειδικού" εργαλείου
    Lykouras αφιερωμένο! Για να καταλάβεις ότι ούτε τα εργαλεία που έπρεπε να χρησιμοποιούν δεν χρησιμοποιούσαν εκει πέρα...Πάω να φέρω τη βαριά να χτυπήσω λίγο το fan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluebee
    Are these special tools really needed for an overhaul of the BMW 525i E39 cooling system and belt-drive components?
    1. cooling fan counterhold tool (BMW 11 5 030) aka "fan pulley holder"
    2. cooling fan 32 mm wrench (BMW 11 5 040)
    3. alternator pulley nut removal tool (BMW 12 7 100)

Making your own tool (which confusingly seems to go by various names) is discussed here (for the 740 anyway).

I have a friend who said he'd make whatever special tool I needed out of stock steel if I could provide a full-sized PDF drawing of the part by email & it's thickness.

Do you have a PDF drawing (or a trace of the business end) of the tool dimensions & thickness?

REFERENCES:
    Bentley pages 020-16, 110-2, 121-2, 170-15, & 170-23.
    https://www.samstagsales.com/bmwtools.htm
    https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/cata...TOLtol_pg3.htm
    https://www.germanpartsonline.com/bmw...m54-from-1992/

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=464226
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη BILL007 : 30-03-16 στις 18:50

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BILL007 For This Useful Post:

diosak (31-03-16), Lykouras (30-03-16), wheelman (30-03-16)

Rides

Προεπιλογή

Χαχαχαχαχαχχα,μην μου το θυμίζεις,μου ανεβαίνει η πίεση!!

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα απο Lykouras Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Χαχαχαχαχαχχα,μην μου το θυμίζεις,μου ανεβαίνει η πίεση!!
    Για να σου ανέβει περισσότερο το ανέβασα!

Να μου πεις εδω δεν ήξεραν άλλα και άλλα... Θα ήξεραν για την ύπαρξη του ειδικού εργαλείου (που λογικά διαθέτουν) σε κάποια εργαλειοθήκη τους...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BILL007 For This Useful Post:

Lykouras (30-03-16)

Rides

Προεπιλογή

Δεν ανοιγουμε κανα συνεργείο λέω εγώ;
    Ο χωρος έτοιμος είναι (κάπου στην Κοκκινιά πήρε το μάτι μου ένα ισόγειο μεγάλο,ευάερο και ευήλιο)!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lykouras For This Useful Post:

BILL007 (30-03-16), VanVIC (31-03-16)

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Rides

Talking

Παράθεση Αρχικό μήνυμα απο Lykouras Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
    Δεν ανοιγουμε κανα συνεργείο λέω εγώ;
    Ο χωρος έτοιμος είναι (κάπου στην Κοκκινιά πήρε το μάτι μου ένα ισόγειο μεγάλο,ευάερο και ευήλιο)!!
    Βρε λες?

Περιοχή
    Αθήνα
    Rides

Προεπιλογή

και αναλυτικές οδηγίες για την αξιοποίηση του εργαλείου

Because every DIY I've seen are for manual cars without the stupid fan in the way. This DIY is for the rest of us who own automatic cars. Also for everyone that is in need of possibly pulling out their water pump since removing the fan clutch nut is the exactly what you will have to do on all cars (whether manual or automatic) to get the water pump out.

The belts DIY is easy in itself. The large pictures and crayola text within each picture below should give anyone with a brain the basic idea of what to do. I've changed belts on older BMW cars before without having to bother with the fan (like on the M44 engine) so the fan removal part of the M54 DIY was always a mystery to me and many with automatic E46 cars. Many of us followed all those website and forum DIYs, that was using manual cars for their DIY projects, up until we realized there was a big a$$ fan in there for our cars and couldn't go any further.

This DIY shows you how to safely remove the fan, belts, look at the inevitable water pump/thermostat failure regions and put everything back in.

My DIYs do not end in the middle, like most DIYs, and leave you stranded . I show you how to double check what you did and safely put everything back in there.

WATER PUMP and THERMOSTAT DIY QUICK INFO:
    Only read this bit if you are interested in these tasks.
    Said and done, if you can do this DIY then the water pump/thermostat DIYs will be not much more difficult, if not as easy. With the fan clutch out and shroud out and coolant drained, all that is left is removal of the bolts and bits that hold the water pump and thermostat in place. These are right there in front of you.

My car only has 49k on the clock, as of this writing, but it is still a 7-8 year old car so I plan of changing my plastic OEM pump and thermostat housing for the metal high performance water pump and an aluminum body thermostat housing over the next couple of months just to be safe.

HERE IS THE BMW M54 E46 Automatic Fan Clutch & Engine Belts DIY:

After you are done and double checked everything (including those front-fan shroud/radiator connector plugs) get yourself cleaned up and go start your car leaving the hood up and the windows down. Keep your hand on the key in case you have to shut off the engine immediately.

If the engine starts up okay and everything sounds and feel normal (no squealing or fierce vibrations) after a minute or two go look under the hood. The fan and belts should be moving okay. My fan seemed wobbly for the first couple of minutes but after it was okay-leaving me thinking it was just my imagination.

The worse that can happen is usually the fan blades either break off spontaneously and/or the fan comes off, thus exploding sending pieces of hard plastic everywhere. This is why you NEVER drop the fan, lay it flat or damage it if during the DIY you plan on using it again. Even if one blade gets chipped or scuffed then the fan can quickly lose equilibrium and wobble itself to bits destroying your engine block and hood.

This is also why it is best to first start the engine with the hood up and everyone clear of the engine bay, and your hand on the key in case you have to cut the engine off pronto. I think the rule of is if your fan doesnΆt explode right away you should be good.

That is it! DIY completed! Now itΆs time to think about that inevitable WATER PUMP failure prevention upgrade and Thermostat Housing upgrade DIY.
    Enjoy,
    Delmarco.

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=696330
    Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη BILL007 : 01-07-16 στις 10:44

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BILL007 For This Useful Post:

A8hnaios (01-07-16)

Ετικέτες Θέματος

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές

• Δεν μπορείτε να δημοσιεύετε νέα θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να απαντάτε σε θέματα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να δημοσιεύετε συνημμένα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργάζεστε τις δημοσιεύσεις σας